Do You Trust Your Partner? See Five Ways To Assess Your Trust Level

Trust is an essential part of any relationship. It is vital to a marriage. You can’t have a business relationship without trust… how much more is this true in a marriage. Words like faith, belief, confidence, loyalty, and devotion come to mind when you think of synonyms for trust. All these words stir up feelings of security, safety, and a tight bond within the marriage relationship.

When trust is at a high level, it allows functions within the marriage to run more smoothly. It runs smoothly because each partner knows within their heart that their mate has their best interest at heart. You know the other person is there for you and not against you.

Do you know that your mate is for you? Do you know that man or woman you married has your best interest in mind?

Let’s take out the trust meter. On a scale of one to ten what is the trust level in your relationship? Be honest with yourself. No one is going to know your answer except you. You have to locate yourself and know where you are so that you get a good picture of where you are going and how you are to get there. It’s like being in the mall and you don’t know how to find your way to the next store on your list. You search out a mall directory and the first thing you do is look for the big red dot that says, “You are here.” You locate yourself in the big scheme of things so that you can find your way to your desired destination.

It’s the same way in a relationship. Locate yourself. What is your trust level in your mate? Ten – I trust them to the max. Zero – I don’t trust that joker [male or female, a joker has no gender bias here]. What you admit to yourself will give you a place to move forward from.

Here are five statements that will help you assess your trust level.

1. I check my mate’s cell phone often to see who they’re talking to or texting.
2. I don’t want my mate to go anywhere without me because I don’t know where they are going or who they are with.
3. I question my mate’s motives.
4. I don’t believe what my mate is saying to me.
5. I’m uncomfortable with my mate’s choices.

What’s Next…

Look at each statement and see if either one holds any truth for you. If you see your truth listed, no worries. Take that truth and begin to work towards a healthier trusting relationship. Talk to your mate, resolve past issues, and set some boundaries that work for each of you.

You need trust in your marriage.

Source

More Relationship Matters You May Like To Read:

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a fastidious opinion, piece of writing is good, thats why i have read it fully

    Here is my website; Wikipedia ()

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.